Pecan Lodge was open for business Saturday after a small fire in the Deep Ellum barbecue joint's smokehouse.
Firefighters responded about 2:30 a.m. and quickly extinguished the flames on the smoker or grill.
One person was at the restaurant at the time and was preparing to smoke some meat when the fire started, according to Dallas Fire-Rescue.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Officials think the fire began as the result of an accumulation of grease in the smoker vents.
Most of the damage was to the equipment itself, but part of the building in the 2700 block of Main Street had about $2,000 worth of damage, Dallas Fire-Rescue said.
No injuries were reported.
The small smokehouse fire didn't impact the restaurant from reopening Saturday morning for take-out and patio dining, according to Pecan Lodge.