Hungry Hog Starts House Fire

Hungry Pig Starts Fire

No humans or hogs have been hurt in a Central Texas house fire blamed on a pig.

Authorities say the fire broke out Thursday afternoon at a rural home near Spicewood, about 25 miles northwest of Austin.

Lt. Kyle Swarts with the Pedernales Fire Department says the blaze began when a pig belonging to the homeowner chewed through electrical wires.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which caused about $30,000 worth of damage to the residence.

The fire left three people displaced.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us