Sections of Interstate 635/LBJ Freeway and the Dallas North Tollway will be clsoed over the weekend due to construction of the LBJ Express.
Crews will be installing beams along the westbound lanes of LBJ between Marsh and Midway on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.
The closures will take place between 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday; between 7 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday; and between 8 p.m. Sunday and 6 a.m. Monday.
The latest news from around North Texas.
While the work is being done, westbound traffic will be diverted off of the freeway and onto the frontage road at Midway. Traffic will reenter the freeway before Webb Chapel. During this time, traffic along Marsh and Midway will be closed under LBJ and signal lights will be disabled to allow for through travel on the highway.
Eastbound, the two left general purpose lanes will be closed during construction.
There will also be closures along the Dallas North Tollway this weekend.
On Friday, between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. Saturday, there will be various closures on the northbound DNT main lanes from Forest Lane to Alpha Road.
At least one lane will remain open to traffic.
- The northbound DNT exit ramps to eastbound and westbound LBJ will be closed.
- The loop ramp from eastbound LBJ to northbound DNT will be closed.
- There will be various closures on the southbound DNT main lanes from Alpha Road to Forest Lane. At least one lane will remain open to traffic.
- The southbound DNT exit ramps to eastbound and westbound LBJ will be closed.
- The loop ramp from westbound LBJ to southbound DNT will be closed.
Message boards will relay instructions to drivers. Updated information can be found at www.lbjexpress.com or by texting @lbjexpress to 23559.