The third annual Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series, a global high diving competition, will kick off their 2016 season right here in North Texas.
On June 3 and 4, Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom Lake will host male and female divers on the first leg of a nine and seven stop world tour, respectively.
Spectators are free to watch from boats, kayaks and paddleboards in the designated "floating-room only" on the lake, but are advised to do so at their own risk.
The defending world champion of the Women's division, San Antonio resident Rachelle Simpson, aims to win for her third year in a row as she leaps from the height of 67 feet. The male competitors will be leaping from the top of Hell's Gate, a staggering 91 feet.
The latest news from around North Texas.
The North Texas event is the only cliff diving stop of the competition within the U.S. For more information regarding the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series, check out their website.
The Brazos River Authority reminds boaters viewing this event to please observe all Texas boating laws. Those laws can be found here.
COMPETITION SCHEDULE JUNE 3
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm- Show Open
- 2:00pm - 2:40pm- Practice (Men's + Women's)
- 2:45pm - 3:01pm- Women's First Round
- 3:05pm - 3:33pm- Men's First Round
- 3:37pm - 3:53pm- Women's Second Round
COMPETITION SCHEDULE JUNE 4
- 11:55am - 12:30pm Show Open
- 12:35pm - 1:15pm Practice (Men's + Women's)
- 1:45pm - 2:13pm Men's Second Round
- 2:27pm - 3:08pm Men's Third Round
- 3:14pm - 3:34pm Women's Final Round
- 3:41pm - 4:01pm Men's Final Round
- 4:05pm - 4:15pm Women's and Men's Awards Ceremony