No state has added more jobs in the last year than Texas.
Texas added 293,400 new jobs during the last 12 months and 19,600 in July alone, according to the Texas Workforce Commission.
Industries that made specific gains in July are listed below:
The latest news from around North Texas.
• Mining and logging gained 2,100 jobs
• Manufacturing gained 2,900 jobs
• Trade and transportation gained 3,000 jobs
• Finance gained 5,200 jobs
• Leisure and hospitality gained 7,000
Jobs that took a hit last month were in education, health service, construction and government.
Since 2009 there has been a steady increase in the number of jobs in Texas There was a rough patch from last October to April.
Currently the unemployment rate is 4.3 percent, which is below the 4.6 percent national average.