North Texas Fire Chief Arrives Home to Find House on Fire

A North Texas fire chief who arrived home to find his house ablaze says he has a new understanding about what people go through after fires.

Argyle Fire Department Chief Mac Hohenberger said he's very lucky that nobody was home and that he was able to save his family's two dogs.

Hohenberger arrived at his house in nearby Copper Canyon on Tuesday afternoon to see smoke pouring from the structure. Several fire departments, including his own staff, answered his call for help.

Hohenberger said he believes the fire was caused by a short in an electrical panel in the master bedroom.

Much of the house was destroyed. Hohenberger and his wife lost all of their clothing in the fire.

Copper Canyon is 25 miles northwest of Dallas.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us