Irving Nimitz High School Evacuated Due to Electrical Fire

Nimitz-120215
Chopper 5

Students at Irving's Nimitz High School were evacuated Wednesday due to an electrical fire near the cafeteria.

The Irving Independent School District confirms the campus was evacuated and that the fire department was called to the school.

Students were evacuated to the athletic fields and were allowed back into the building at about noon.

A damage report has not yet been provided and officials have not said what led to the fire.

No injuries have been reported.

Contact Us