The Houston parents of a newborn claim she suffered second-degree burns when a nurse applied a diaper hot out of the microwave.
Houston TV station KPRC reported Thursday that the infant's father, Spencer Lewandowski, hired an attorney after Isabel's ankle and foot were burned during a routine blood-draw shortly after she was born.
Lewandowski says the nurse wet a diaper, heated it in the microwave and then applied it to the baby's foot and heel.
The latest news from around North Texas.
St. Joseph Medical Center told the TV station that it was "aware of the complaint" and that an investigation is ongoing.