More than a dozen roads are closed Tuesday in Denton County due to high water in the area, officials say.
The closures, listed below, are expected to remain in place for several hours -- an exact timetable has not been determined.
- Milam Road
- Rector Road West at Low Water Crossing
- Old Alton
- Tim Donald between Strader and Farm-to-Market Road 1384
- North County Line from Highway 380 to Old Stoney
- Eakin Cemetery East Low-Water Crossing
- Swafford Low-Water Crossing
- West County Line
- Jim Crystal (Mouse Hole) 156 to Nail
- Jackson West Low-Water Crossing
- Jackson East-Low Water Crossing
- C. Wolfe Low-Water Crossing
- Oliver Creek at Bridge
The 35 Express project has also announced the following roads are closed due to high water.
- The northbound I-35E frontage road between McCormick and Underwood Streets. Motorists should use the exit ramp to Fort Worth Drive or North Texas Boulevard.
- Underwood Street approaching the northbound I-35E frontage road.
The southbound I-35E frontage road between Bonnie Brae Street and North Texas Boulevard has been reopened.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Drivers are always encouraged to follow safety tips when driving on wet roads -- including avoiding crossing water that covers a roadway. As little as six inches of water can float a vehicle.
Should you stall your vehicle in deep water, leave it and move to higher ground if you can do so safely.