More than a dozen roads are closed Tuesday in Denton County due to high water in the area, officials say.
The closures, listed below, are expected to remain in place for several hours -- an exact timetable has not been determined.
- Milam Road
- Rector Road West at Low Water Crossing
- Old Alton
- Tim Donald between Strader and Farm-to-Market Road 1384
- North County Line from Highway 380 to Old Stoney
- Eakin Cemetery East Low-Water Crossing
- Swafford Low-Water Crossing
- West County Line
- Jim Crystal (Mouse Hole) 156 to Nail
- Jackson West Low-Water Crossing
- Jackson East-Low Water Crossing
- C. Wolfe Low-Water Crossing
- Oliver Creek at Bridge
The 35 Express project has also announced the following roads are closed due to high water.
- The northbound I-35E frontage road between McCormick and Underwood Streets. Motorists should use the exit ramp to Fort Worth Drive or North Texas Boulevard.
- Underwood Street approaching the northbound I-35E frontage road.
The southbound I-35E frontage road between Bonnie Brae Street and North Texas Boulevard has been reopened.
Drivers are always encouraged to follow safety tips when driving on wet roads -- including avoiding crossing water that covers a roadway. As little as six inches of water can float a vehicle.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Should you stall your vehicle in deep water, leave it and move to higher ground if you can do so safely.