Four people are dead after a head-on collision Saturday evening in Collin County.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, state troopers were called to a crash on Texas 121 near County Road 581 at about 6:40 p.m.
Officials said a 2014 GMC pickup truck was traveling south on 121 in the rain when the driver crossed into the northbound lanes and struck an oncoming 2005 Honda Pilot.
The latest news from around North Texas.
The Honda rolled into a nearby ditch on the side of the roadway.
Three people died at the scene and three others were transported to area hospitals with serious injuries; one of the initial survivors later died at Medical City Plano.
DPS officials identified the victims as follows.
- Karen Villegas, 24, of Bonham -- GMC driver, died at the scene.
- Otoniel Hernandez, 24, of Bonham -- GMC passenger, died at Medical City Plano
- Jose Galicia, 29, of Bonham -- GMC passenger, injured
- Unnamed child, 2 -- GMC passenger, non life-threatening injuries
- George Emerson, 54, of Paris -- Honda driver, died at the scene
- Becky Emerson, 58, of Paris -- Honda passenger, died at the scene
- Misty Emerson, 22, of Paris, -- Honda passenger, injured
The current conditions of the survivors are unknown at this time; investigations into the crash are ongoing.