Frisco Cheer-Dance Coach's Bond Raised to $1.05 Million

Man faces three charges of continuous sexual abuse of a child

Bond has been raised for a Frisco cheer and dance coach accused of sexual abuse of a child who was arrested at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

Kyle Austin Ware, 30, is charged with three counts of continuous sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14 in Collin County.

His bond has been raised to $1.05 million. Ware remained in custody Thursday evening.

Frisco police said Ware came into contact with the victims while working as a coach at a local private training facility for cheer and dance.

U.S. Customs agents arrested Ware on Tuesday after seeing his name on a passenger manifest for a flight headed to Paris. He had multiple warrants stemming from the sexual assault allegations in Collin County.

"We're very fortunate that the customs officials were able to see his name and make the arrest before he was able to get on the plane and get out of the country," Frisco police Officer Greg Barnett said Wednesday. "It would have been very difficult once he was out of the country to get him back to the United States to face the charges."

Express Cheer & Dance owner Christopher Henson told NBC 5 on Wednesday that Ware has not been an employee at the facility for nearly two years.

He said the safety of Express Cheer & Dance's athletes is of the utmost importance to him and the gym.

"We do screening and background checks on all of our employees at the local, state and national level," he said.

Henson said the gym is cooperating with police during the investigation.

"The gym did the background checks," Barnett said. "They did everything they needed to do to ensure to themselves and to the parents and the children that it was a safe environment to be. Unfortunately, Mr. Ware was a predator -- he took advantage of his position of trust with the children."

Continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14 is a first-degree felony. If convicted, Ware could face between 25 and 99 years in prison.

Frisco police said their investigation continues and have not ruled out further charges.

Contact Us