Frisco Cheer-Dance Coach Arrested at DFW Airport: Police

Man accused of sexual abuse of a child

A Frisco cheer and dance coach wanted on sexual assault warrants was arrested by U.S. Customs agents at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on Tuesday.

Frisco police said Kyle Austin Ware, 30, had multiple warrants stemming from sexual assault offenses in Frisco when his name popped up on a passenger manifest for a flight leaving DFW for Paris.

Customs agents arrested Ware before he could leave the country.

"We're very fortunate that the customs officials were able to see his name and make the arrest before he was able to get on the plane and get out of the country," said Officer Greg Barnett with the Frisco Police Department. "It would have been very difficult once he was out of the country to get him back to the United States to face the charges."

Ware is charged with three counts of continuous sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14 in Collin County. Frisco police said Ware came into contact with the victims while working as a coach at a local private training facility for cheer and dance.

Express Cheer & Dance owner Christopher Henson told NBC 5 Ware has not been an employee at the facility for nearly two years.

"We do screening and background checks on all of our employees at the local, state and national level,"  said Henson. "As always, the safety of our athletes is of the upmost [sic] importance to Express Cheer & Dance and me."

Henson says the gym is cooperating with police during the investigation.

"The gym did the background checks, they did everything they needed to do to ensure to themselves and to the parents and the children that it was a safe environment to be. Unfortunately, Mr. Ware was a predator - he took advantage of his position of trust with the children," said Barnett.

Bond for each charge was set at $100,000 for a total of $300,000.

Continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14 is a first-degree felony. If convicted, Ware could face between 25 and 99 years in prison.

Frisco police said their investigation continues and have not ruled out further charges.

Contact Us