11 YMCA pools in Fort Worth will be hosting free water safety lessons from 12 p.m. through 5 p.m. this Memorial Day.
The water safety demonstrations will cover topics including:
- Pool Rules - Discussion of rules around pools.
- Reach, Throw, Don't Go - Understanding how to help someone in the water.
- Call 911 - When & how to call for help.
- CPR - What is it? How to know if someone needs it?
- Backyard Pools - How to stay safe.
- Pool Drains - Don't swim or play around them. Make sure drains have covers.
- Life Jackets - Who and when to wear?
- Boating & Open Water - General boating safety
The outdoor pools at the YMCA will remain open during a light rain if there is no thunder or lighting. However, at the first sign of lightning, the pool must be cleared out for a 30 minute wait period.
The latest news from around North Texas.
The YMCA community swim summer season will begin on June 4.
For the complete list of locations offering the demonstrations, click here.