Funeral Services Set for Fort Worth Woman Strangled in Garage Apartment

Fort Worth police are investigating after a 22-year-old woman was found strangled to death in her home near the Texas Christian University campus on Monday.

Police say the mother of Molly Matheson found her body in the bathroom of a garage apartment she was renting on the 2600 block of Waits Avenue.[[419158654,R]]

Police tell NBC 5 they do not have a suspect identified at this point. But detectives are working around the clock to find answers for a heartbroken family and a worried neighborhood.

Crime scene investigators spent all day and into the night Tuesday processing the scene, while those who knew Matheson tried to process her loss.

A family friend described her as the funniest person, cool and wise beyond her 22 years.

Her brother posted a photo on social media with the message "…love everyone in your life as much as you possibly can. I miss you so much Molly."

Visitation services for Matheson will be between 6 and 8 p.m. Monday April 17 at Greenwood Funeral Home at 3100 White Settlement Road in Fort Worth.

Funeral Services are set for 2 p.m. Tuesday April 18 at Mckinney Memorial Bible Church.

Though she lived near TCU, Matheson was not a student there. She spent time studying at the University of Arkansas and graduated from Timber Creek High School in the Keller Independent School District in 2012.

At Timber Creek, Matheson was one class ahead of Zuzu Verk, the North Texas woman who was found murdered in October. Verk's boyfriend is charged in that case.

Timber Creek classmates shared their pain on social media Tuesday.

Kaylie Kovach said she was sick over losing another high school friend, adding "You were such a beautiful soul Molly Matheson – hope you are having fun in heaven."

And Brenna Briner said another high school friend was taken too soon, calling Matheson beautiful, inside and out.

Matheson's family told NBC 5 they were not ready to speak on camera.

Neighbors had been gathering together throughout the day and they said they will not be able to rest easy until they know what happened.

NBC 5's Scott Gordon contributed to this report.

Contact Us