Charles Nichelson

Flaming Cocktail Severely Burns Couple at Highland Village Bar

A man and a woman were airlifted to a Dallas hospital's burn unit after they were severely burned by a flaming cocktail at a Highland Village restaurant Wednesday.

A city statement says emergency units were dispatched to the Shoal Creek Tavern at about 4 p.m. after flaming alcohol shattered a liquor bottle and splashed all over the couple. Tavern employees quickly suffocated the flames.

The couple was burned over the upper half of their bodies, but officials say they are expected to be OK.

The pair was transported by Careflite to Parkland Memorial Hospital for treatment.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us