Cigarette Causes 3-Alarm Apartment Fire in Uptown Dallas: DFR

Dallas Fire-Rescue firefighters have contained a 3-alarm fire at an apartment building in Uptown Dallas.

The fire started at about 11:30 Wednesday morning on the 3200 block of Hall Street.

Crews said they could see smoke and fire coming from a third-floor balcony when they arrived.

Once they extinguished the blaze, they found a dog inside the building. Paramedics attempted to save the dog with oxygen, but were unsuccessful and the dog died. No other injuries were reported.

The fire caused damage to two different units, but at least 10 additional units sustained water and/or smoke damage.

An unknown number of residents are displaced due to the damages. The American Red Cross was notified to assist them.

Fire officials determined the fire was accidental. It was caused from an improperly discarded a cigarette.

Contact Us