A family's dog is safe after a North Richland Hills firefighter saved the dog this morning.
Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 7000 block of Donegal Lane around 8 a.m.
Smoke could be seen coming from the garage and out from the eaves of the home.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Everyone inside got out safely, but the family pet remained inside the home.
A short time later, a firefighter walked out of the home carrying the dog, who seemed to be okay.
The fire is believed to have started in the garage from an overloaded electrical outlet.