Fire Destroys Abilene Center That Helped Those in Need

A fire has destroyed an Abilene center that supplies food, clothing and household items to those in need.

Lt. Mike Miller of the Abilene Fire Department told The Associated Press that the fire on Saturday destroyed the structure that housed the Christian Service Center.

He said officials haven't yet determined the cause of the fire.

Jim Clark, director of the nonprofit Christian Service Center, told KTXS-TV that he was thankful no one was hurt in the fire.

Clark said, "We're going to regroup. We're going to trust God to provide, and we'll just start over and hopefully find a temporary place to keep serving people."

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us