Woman Dies After House Fire


An 82-year-old Fort Worth woman died at a Dallas hospital after she was injured in a house fire Tuesday.

The two-alarm fire broke out at at home in the 6100 block of Wales Court just before 10 a.m.

The woman, who sustained burns and smoke inhalation, was taken by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital, where she died Tuesday afternoon.

The Dallas County medical examiner has not released a cause of death.

The Fort Worth Fire Department said the fire was caused by a candle left burning in the woman's bedroom.

Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire department said the fire did an estimated $75,000 worth of damage to the home.

Contact Us