Dozens Attend Community Prayer for Missing 3-Year-Old Sherin Mathews

Saturday marks one week since 3-year-old Sherin Mathews disappeared in Richardson.

Her father, Wesley Mathews, says he sent her to stand by a tree early Saturday morning and hasn't seen her since.

As investigators search frantically to find Sherin, a community came together to pray.

Dozens of people from different faiths and walks of life attended a prayer service by the tree where Sherin reportedly disappeared.

"It's heartbreaking. This is a 3-year-old little girl. We don't know where she is, where she could be," said Gauthami Vemula, a child welfare consultant and aunt to a one- and four-year -old.

Candles, stuffed animals and handwritten notes now mark the spot where Sherin's father says he last saw her.

It is steps away from the Mathews home. Her parents have yet to make a public plea for help finding Sherin.

It's the reason so many felt compelled to attend Friday's prayer, to give a voice to the voiceless and to stand shoulder-to-shoulder for Sharin.

Investigators are focusing on a 15-mile radius surrounding the family home as they search for Sherin. It is located in the 900 block of Sunningdale Drive.

Police are urging anyone with surveillance cameras to check for video of the family's 2013 maroon Acura MDX.

Police received some video already and said in a Facebook post Friday they are "diligently working our way through all of the material."

One recording came from a neighbor who says the FBI has been to his home five times to review video his camera captured the night Sherin disappeared.

"I don't know the details of what's on my camera as far as what they're looking for, but I hope there's something on there that can definitely help them out," said Obaid Jabbar.

Jabbar said he's been asked to not reveal specifics about what is on the tapes.

Police are hoping more people will come forward with video.

Meanwhile, Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, is still out on bond, but wearing an ankle monitor.

Richardson police say the parents stopped cooperating with their investigation.

Contact Us