DART says they'll continue to limit rail operations Thursday, Feb. 24 due to the increase in ice accumulation.
- The UTD Comet Cruiser will have delayed service Thursday due to current road conditions.
- The Baylor Purple and Blue shuttle routes are temporarily suspended
- SMU Express 440 and Museum Express 442 shuttle operations are temporarily suspended and service is expected to resume Friday.
- Medical City 412 has suspended its service Thursday.
DART said it will operate 14 shuttle bus routes between rail stations and shuttle bus service will be available every 45 minutes on its Sunday schedule from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. DART said the changes are necessary to ensure the safety of both its passengers and employees.
The service change comes after DART announced the suspension in services following the winter storm on Feb. 5, the first time since its start in 1983.
For riders who need service to stations in the Central Business District (CBD), Route 960 is a Downtown Circulator serving West End, Akard, St. Paul, and Pearl/Arts District stations.
Although the Dallas Streetcar will not operate at this time, there will be a shuttle bus running to and from EBJ Union Station and the Bishop Arts District, making all stops.
The latest news from around North Texas.
To find alternate routes, passengers should look for the red "Rail Disruption" bus stop signs located near each station to board a shuttle bus.
The transportation service is also canceling all Paratransit subscription trips scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 24 with the exception of trips for medical purposes.
Trinity Railway Express
The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) said they will also operate on a Saturday schedule and will suspend service on both Molly the Trolley and The Dash and routes 23, 30, 111, Burnett Plaza Lunch Line, Express Routes 61, 63, 65, 66 & 67 do not operate on a Saturday schedule, so they will not operate Thursday.
For more information on the TRE routes, visit https://trinityrailwayexpress.org.
The following transit centers will be available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. with DART staff to assist riders at each location:
- Addison Transit Center
- Arapaho Center Station
- Buckner Station
- Central Business District (CBD) West Transfer Center
- Central Business District (CBD) East Transfer Center
- Downtown Garland Station
- Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station
- J.B. Jackson, Jr. Transit Center
- Lake June Station
- Ledbetter Station
- Parker Road Station
- South Garland Transit Center
DART will continue to monitor the weather conditions across the North Texas area and has provided additional information available at www.dart.org/winterweather.
Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA)
The Denton County Transportation Authority will additionally have adjusted transportation schedules and implemented cancelations Thursday due to the current winter weather conditions.
- The A-Train will operate on a Saturday schedule. A bus will be located at the Downtown Denton Transit Center for passengers to stay warm
- Connect bus service will continue regular schedule through Thursday.
- GoZone service is suspended until road conditions improve.
- North Texas Xpress will not operate Thursday.