Days after heavy rain, the flood threat continues to plague North Texas as Dallas County is under a Flood Warning until 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Overflowing lakes are pouring water into the Trinity River System, specifically the Elm Fork, which is causing flooding in commercial areas of Dallas.
Water is pouring over the spillway uncontrolled at Lewisville Lake and Grapevine Lake, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is releasing water through the flood gates from Lake Ray Roberts.
The latest news from around North Texas.
“What’s happening is the water is coming down from Lake Ray Roberts, Grapevine, Lake Lewisville and it’s coming through the Trinity Elm Fork, which is the streams, which cannot hold the water, which is spilling into the neighborhoods,” said Rocky Vaz, director of the Dallas Office of Emergency Management.
There have been no evacuations orders and officials are closely monitoring the threat.
The City of Dallas sent a reverse 911 call Sunday to more than 3,000 people, mostly businesses, in an area bound by Royal Lane, Northwest Highway, Interstate 35E and Luna Road warning them of flooded roadways in the area.
Dallas police urged drivers not to go around barriers or wade through high water.
Since Friday, Dallas Fire Rescue responded to 70 high water related calls although there were few Sunday, according to Jason Evans, public information officer for Dallas Fire-Rescue.
A police staging area was established off Royal Lane Sunday to help respond to flooding, and the Emergency Operations Center was actively working to monitor the threat.
“In some areas we might see water rising some more, but we expect it to start receding,” said Vaz.
“Right now, we do not foresee issues of any commercial establishments being flooded. Our biggest concern is that people who get into these areas may not be able to get out if the water goes up.”
- 2100-2300 blocks of West Northwest Highway
- Manana at I-35
- Walnut Hill from I-35 to Northwest Highway
- Northwest Hwy at I-35 & Walton Walker
- Lombardy at I-35
- Gardner Road
- 2000-2200 blocks of Manana
- 2100 Manana toward Spangler
- Westbound Northwest Highway from I-35 to Loop 12
- Goodnight at Walnut Hill
- Tantor at X
- Tantor Road and Royal Lane
- Luna SB from Wire St to Northwest Highway
- Irving near Royal and Golf Course
- Loop 12 at Singleton
- Luna at Tantor Road
- Southbound Goodnight at Walnut Hill
- Southbound Spangler at Walnut Hill
- Southbound Luna at Royal
- Northwest Highway west of Walton Walker
- California Crossing at Luna
- Luna at Y
- Wildwood at California Crossing