The Gaylord Texan Resort's 16th annual "Lone Star Christmas" is officially underway in Grapevine.
That means the very popular ICE! exhibit is now open, too.
ICE! is a magical walk-through holiday exhibit featuring 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures that tell the tale of the beloved holiday classic, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by Charles Schultz.
Photos: ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’ at The Gaylord Texan Resort
The latest news from around North Texas.
Each piece is carefully hand-sculpted by artisans from Harbin, China. They recently traveled to North Texas, where they spent 30 days carving the merry masterpieces.
The display also includes a majestic, life-size Nativity scene in crystal clear ice, six ice slides, an 8-lane snow tubing hill covered in 2 million pounds of real snow and an ice bar for those 21 and up.[[563784122,C]]
The resort's "Lone Star Christmas" also features 2 million twinkling lights, larger-than-life decorations and even breakfast with Charlie Brown and friends.
The Texas-sized decor is so extravagant, we've broken it down by the numbers:
- 2 million holiday lights decorating the resort’s indoor atriums
- 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice for ICE! featuring "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
- 2 million pounds of real Texas snow for a two-story tall, 8-lane snow tubing hill
- A 54-foot-tall Christmas tree (and over 200 more trees – just not quite as tall!)
- A 6,000-square-foot outdoor ice-skating rink
- Miniature train sets throughout the property
- 25-foot-tall Nutcrackers
- 2,300 decorated wreaths
- 5,600 feet of garland
- 15,000 ornaments
- 2,000 Poinsettias
ICE! is open until January 5, 2020. Click here for more information.