Wrong-Way Driver Injures One, Damages Cars in I-35W Chase - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Wrong-Way Driver Injures One, Damages Cars in I-35W Chase



    Fort Worth police say Jessica Roseman led them on a chase that ended when she crashed along I-35W near Hidden Creek Parkway. (Published Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013)

    Interstate 35W in Fort Worth is back open Wednesday morning after police shut it down during a high-speed, wrong-way chase that reached speeds of 90 miles per hour.

    One person is in the hospital because of injuries sustained during the chase, which police said was started by an intoxicated driver going the wrong way on the interstate.

    Fort Worth police said a female driver was driving south in the northbound lane of I-35 W around 3 a.m. Wednesday. Officers said the wrong-way chase spawned three separate incidents.

    First, a white passenger car with two occupants inside veered into the retaining wall at I-35 W and Rosedale to avoid a head-on crash with the suspect. One person in that car was injured and transported to the hospital.

    Wrong-Way Driver Injures One in I-35W Chase

    [DFW] Wrong-Way Driver Injures One in I-35W Chase
    Fort Worth police say a wrong-way driver collided with vehicles in an early morning chase on Wednesday.
    (Published Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013)

    A short while later the wrong-way driver side-swiped a navy blue Suburban at East Berry. No one was hurt in that collision.

    The wrong-way driver then continued to I-35 W and Hidden Creek in Burleson, where she drove into a police car's door. That police car had been stopped in an effort to get the driver to pull over. The officer was not injured.

    Fort Worth police used their helicopter to spotlight the woman's car and give commands through its PA system. Though the driver was headed southbound on the northbound lanes of the freeway, police pursued on the southbound lanes of the interstate.

    Officers eventually put down spikes on the interstate, which gave the driver a flat tire.

    Fort Worth police say they believe the suspect was drunk. She was taken to the hospital for a blood draw. She's already been charged with leaving the scene of an accident, and more charges are pending.

    The driver's name hasn't been released.