Dog Attack Sends Fort Worth Man to Hospital - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Dog Attack Sends Fort Worth Man to Hospital

Police shot and killed one of the dogs



    Dog Attack Sends Fort Worth Man to Hospital

    A man is recovering after being attacked by three dogs and bitten by at least one of them. (Published Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012)

    A man is recovering at a local hospital after being bitten by at least one dog in Fort Worth.

    The attack took place on the 5400 block of Fletcher Avenue in south Fort Worth where police shot and killed one of the dogs.

    Delisa Qualls, who owns the dogs, is devastated after losing ownership of her three pit bulls named Lady, Roam and King Tut.

    At around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, neighbors called to report the trio escaped and were attacking a man.

    Police say when they got there they used their cars as barricades but King Tut advanced twice forcing them to shoot him each time. The second shot killed him.

    The other two dogs, Lady and Roam, were taken by animal control.

    “I never want to see -- I love animals and I don’t want to see no one get hurt by a dog. So, if he bit the guy and attacked the police, I can understand the shooting,” said Qualls.

    This isn’t the first time the dogs have escaped.

    Qualls says the three broke through her wooden fence earlier this year and killed another dog.

    Qualls paid the fine, went to court and built a mandated chain link fence against the wooden one so she could get her dogs back.

    The dogs managed to bust through the corner where the sides of both fences meet.
    “This place here, I would have never thought that they would have been able to get out of,” said Qualls.

    Qualls is also emotional and sorry that at least one of her dogs, most likely King Tut, bit a neighbor who comes by everyday to play with the dogs through the fence.

    “He tells me all the time ‘Oh, I go by there all the time and play with your dogs.’ And I’m like ‘Hey, they aren’t harmless,' I just don’t know, I can’t tell you what could have happened this morning,” said Qualls.

    After this incident, she’s been told she’ll probably never see her dogs again.

    “I can’t get them back,” said Qualls.