Teen Helps Police Nab Alleged Intruders Who Attacked Father - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Teen Helps Police Nab Alleged Intruders Who Attacked Father

16-year-old calls 911 after two teenagers attack father at front door



    Fort Worth police nabbed a pair of intruders Thursday morning thanks to a quick-thinking teenager.

    Two teenagers attacked Paul Johnson at knifepoint inside his home in the 4500 block of Rush River Trail.

    Sixteen-year-old Emyli Johnson was home when the two teenagers rang the doorbell and charged into the home, throwing the door into the wall and shoving her father onto the floor.

    Emyli Johnson said she peered out from her bedroom and saw her father's feet on the ground.

    Teen Helps Police Nab Intruders

    [DFW] Teen Helps Police Nab Intruders
    Two men broke into a Fort Worth home and tied up the father, police say.
    (Published Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012)

    "And both of the guys' backs were to me, so I couldn't see their faces, so I shut the door and called 911," she said. "They stayed on the phone and they were like, 'Remain calm. We have people in the area, and we'll get this all good.'"

    The teenagers tied a T-shirt around her father's mouth, bound his ankles with rope and stole his wallet, she said.

    "I was so scared. I was like, 'Please don't kill my dad. That's all I have right now. My family is far away,'" Johnson said.

    Police soon arrived and caught the intruders off guard. Officers chased them through the house.

    Johnson said they broke a back window, jumped through and hopped the fence.

    Officers chased the teenagers through the neighborhood and locked down three nearby schools -- North Crowley High School, the Ninth Grade Campus and Dallas Park Elementary -- for about 15 minutes as a precaution.

    Cameron Evans and Jacob Wilkerson, both 17, were arrested.

    Johnson said she recognized the two attackers as former students at her school.

    Even after the violent break-in, Johnson said she's not afraid.

    "It would be very dumb of them to come back to my house and do something," she said.

    Johnson's father was in the hospital Thursday in good condition.