Large Home Damaged in Early-Morning House Fire - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Large Home Damaged in Early-Morning House Fire

Faulty wiring said to have started fire



    Large Home Damaged in Early-Morning House Fire
    The $420,000 home on Camp Wisdom suffered approximately $130,000 in damages.

    Duncanville and Dallas firefighters battled a 2-alarm fire that destroyed part of a home on the 7400-block of Camp Wisdom Road early Monday morning.

    When firefighters first arrived at the home at about 5 a.m. they said smoke and fire were visible coming from the second story of the home.

    Firefighters "made an effective offensive attack and quickly extinguished the fire and significantly limited the damage to the home," fire officials said in a news relase Monday.

    A preliminary investigation indicates the fire started from an electrical short in the home near a tankless water heater in the downstairs laundry room.

    "The fire caused significant damage to the laundry room then traveled up the wall in which it started and ignited the room directly above it," officials said.

    There were no injuries reported.

    Damage to the $420,000 home is estimated at more than $130,000.