A natural gas leak has prompted evacuations Wednesday morning in an industrial area of Garland, firefighters say.
Atmos crews are working to locate and repair the leak, which firefighters say occurred in the 3900 block of Cavalier Drive.
A Garland Fire Department tweet said the North Texas Rehabilitation Center on Cavalier evacuated patients to the Gale A. Fields Recreation Center at 1701 Dairy Road. Video from Texas Sky Ranger showed Dallas Area Rapid Transit buses shuttling people to safety.
Atmos says other nearby businesses were also evacuated.
"The safety of the public, our employees and our system is our highest priority, and we want to thank the Garland Fire Department for their support and the residents who did the right thing by calling our emergency number," Atmos said in a news release.
There have been no reports of injuries.
Cavalier Drive at Miller Park Drive is shut down.
Check back and refresh this page for the latest update.