Slain Greenville Teen Laid to Rest - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Slain Greenville Teen Laid to Rest

Hundreds pack Ridgecrest Baptist Church



    A solemn day in a small north Texas city as a murdered teenage girl was laid to rest today. (Published Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012)

    Loved ones celebrated the life of a slain Greenville teenager through prayer and song on Saturday.

    Sixteen-year-old Alicia Moore's body was found Nov. 6 inside a storage trunk left on the side of a highway in Van Zandt County. No one has been arrested in connection with her slaying.

    Moore's family and hundreds of friends and classmates packed the pews at Ridgecrest Baptist Church.

    Many were dressed in purple because it was Moore's favorite color.

    Greenville Walks to Remember Murdered Teen

    [DFW] Greenville Walks to Remember Murdered Teen
    More than a thousand people in Greenville walk to memorialize murdered teen Alicia Moore.
    (Published Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012)

    "[She was] a young princess -- one that touched many hearts around the city, around the community, and we want her to know that this a day of celebration," the Rev. Brian Keith Thomas said. "We don't celebrate death, for death is not the end; it's just the beginning."

    During the ceremony, many took the time to share their memories of the young woman. Her after-school teacher, Mike Nelson, said he remembered the first time he met her.

    "She never caused any problems," he said. "You never saw anger, you never saw disrespect, and I was like, 'Wow. What's your name?' 'Alicia.' 'Alicia, what?' 'Moore.' 'How you doing Ms. Moore?' That’s what I called her from then on."

    Greenville PD Release Bus Surveillance Photos

    [DFW] Greenville PD Release Bus Surveillance Photos
    Photos taken by a school bus camera as 16-year-old Alicia Moore was exiting have been released. Police are hoping to interview whoever was in the dark-colored vehicle seen in the pictures as potential witnesses.
    (Published Friday, Nov. 9, 2012)

    Toward the end of the two and half-hour service, emotion overcame some family members.