WWII Veteran Missing In Haltom City - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

WWII Veteran Missing In Haltom City

Family pleading for public's help, offers reward



    At 4 a.m. Monday, Earl Davis's family was driving the streets of Fort Worth looking for any trace of their father.

    "Shocked. We don't know what to think. I think we're all just numb," said Terry Craig, Davis' daughter.

    The World War II Veteran of the U.S. Navy is a father of four and a creature of habit. He went to Larry's 7 & 10 Grocery, about half a mile from his home, every day for 12 years to buy lottery tickets.

    He was there Oct. 7.

    WWII Veteran Missing In Haltom City

    [DFW] WWII Veteran Missing In Haltom City
    Family pleading for public's help, offers reward for information on Earl Lee Davis' disappearance.
    (Published Monday, Oct. 24, 2011)

    "They said he came in, he got his little tickets, his little scratch-offs, and they do remember seeing him leave the store. They do remember seeing him drive off," said Craig.

    But that's the last anyone saw of Davis.

    Family members said he was of sound mind, but did have a heart condition. Haltom City police said they have delivered his picture to every hospital in the area.

    Still, nothing.

    "We've exhausted all of our leads," said Corp. Joe Hackfeld, with the Haltom City Police Department.

    "We've got he and the car entered in our computer system as missing and we just don't know where else to look," said Hackfeld.

    Both the family and police are still holding out hope he'll be found safe, but are beginning to fear the worst.

    "We're concerned now that there's some sort of foul play. We don't know what to do," said Terry.


    Davis is 85 years old and was last seen wearing a blue, button-down shirt with a collar, blue jeans and black leather Velcro shoes. He walks with a cane or a crutch. He was driving a white, 1996 Oldsmobile 98 with Texas plates 8FHYZ.

    Anyone with information should call Haltom City Police: 817-222-7000

    The family is offering a $10, 000 reward for his safe return.