Dallas Wiens the 25-year-old father who received a full-face transplant last month was granted a temporary retraining order against a British media company he said has been harassing him.
Wiens attorney said the temporary restraining order against Barcroft Media resulted from a suit filed against the company after it allegedly attempted to enter into a fraudulent contract with Wiens to tell his story.
"Despite several written and verbal requests that Barcroft Media cease contact with my client, the company continues to harass Dallas and his family during his critical recovery period. Based on the court’s order, Barcroft Media is barred from contacting my client and continuing its predatory practices," said Wiens' attorney Lory Moore in an email statement.
Court documents allege Barcroft Media began contacting Wiens in January 2010 asking for "exclusive international rights" to his story, photographs and video in hopes of producing a documentary about Wiens.
Weins' attorneys say he never agreed to exclusive terms with the company "specializing in exploitative programming such as 'Is This China’s Fattest Kid?' and 'Legless Dancer TV Hit.'"
In court documents, Wiens' attorneys say despite being asked to no longer contact him, agents with Barcroft Media have repeatedly tried to contact him, his family, attorneys, hospital staff and a public relations firm helping Wiens' on a pro bono basis.
On Tuesday, the 96th District Court of Texas in Fort Worth granted the temporary restraining order against Barcroft Media.
NBCDFW has not received a response from Barcroft Media.