FBI Searches Abandoned Dallas Home in Shavon Randle Case - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

FBI Searches Abandoned Dallas Home in Shavon Randle Case

A Lancaster city spokeswoman told NBC DFW the city was not aware of any activity related to the house

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    FBI Searches Abandoned Dallas Home in Shavon Randle Case

    Investigators with the FBI served a search warrant Tuesday morning at the abandoned Dallas home where investigators found the bodies of 13-year-old Shavon Randle and 19-year-old Michael Titus last month. (Published Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017)

    Investigators with the FBI served a search warrant Tuesday morning at the abandoned Dallas home where investigators found the bodies of 13-year-old Shavon Randle and 19-year-old Michael Titus last month.

    Video captured from Texas Sky Ranger showed Dallas police officers and FBI agents searching the house, located in the 2200 block of East Kiest Boulevard in East Oak Cliff.

    FBI Searches Abandoned Home in Shavon Randle CaseFBI Searches Abandoned Home in Shavon Randle Case

    Randle, of Lancaster, had been the subject of an Amber Alert after being kidnapped June 28 in retaliation for a drug theft with which she was not involved, according to court records.

    The home had been preserved by prosecutors as a crime scene, saving it from demolition in the days after the bodies of Randle and Titus were found inside.

    The abandoned house had become a memorial and a place of quiet, tearful reflection.

    FBI Searches Dallas Home in Shavon Randle CaseFBI Searches Dallas Home in Shavon Randle Case

    FBI investigators serve a search warrant Tuesday morning at the abandoned Dallas home where the bodies of 13-year-old Shavon Randle and 19-year-old Michael Titus were found last month.

    (Published Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017)

    Tuesday's FBI search served as a harsh reminder that it was still a crime scene with possible evidence inside.

    "I must say this has affected a lot of people the way they killed that baby," Brenda Van Dyke, of Dallas said.

    Some in the community questioned the timing of the search.

    "Even if they are looking for evidence, they waited too long. That little girl has been dead for a month," neighbor Jamie Anderson said.

    More than 100 neighbors spent the morning and early afternoon watching investigators. At the heart of their curiosity was Shavon Randle.

    "An innocent child had nothing to do with it, and it's sad," neighbor Cassandra Dotson said.

    Home Where Shavon Randle Killed Will Remain StandingHome Where Shavon Randle Killed Will Remain Standing

    Plans to demolish the abandoned Dallas home where investigators recently found the bodies of 13-year-old Shavon Randle and 19-year-old Michael Titus have been put on hold.

    (Published Wednesday, July 12, 2017)

    Many said they pray from Randle's family as this spotlight brings the pain back again.

    "Just like a hole in their heart. Just like a bomb thrown back on them," Dotson said.

    In a statement about Tuesday's search, Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson said, in part, "Collecting additional evidence throughout the course of an investigation is routine. We remain committed to vigorously and thoroughly fighting for justice on behalf of our victims. As this case is pending, we will not be releasing any further details at this time."

    A Lancaster city spokeswoman told NBC DFW the city was not aware of any activity related to the house.

    Get the latest from NBC DFW anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android