Customers Robbed at Gunpoint in Mesquite Convenience Store - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Customers Robbed at Gunpoint in Mesquite Convenience Store

Police looking for two suspects involved in store takeover robbery



    Mesquite police are looking for two men who robbed a convenience store and held up customers at gunpoint Thursday night. (Published Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013)

    Police are looking for two men who robbed a popular convenience store in Mesquite at gunpoint Thursday night.

    The robbery happened at Main Street Munchies on the 800 Block of East Main Street, near downtown Mesquite at about 6:15 p.m.

    "They're standing around enjoying life one minute then the next minute their life is shattered by somebody who has no regard for human beings," said Reynold's mother Kelly Ashcraft."I thank God that they were all safe. Bumps and bruises and emotional scares, but they're alive and that's all that matters."

    The store owners tell NBC 5 the two men got away with about $7,000 dollars from the cash register and safety deposit bags.

    If you have information about the robbery or the suspects, call the Mesquite Police Department criminal investigation division at 972-216-6252 or click here to submit information.

    Cody Reynolds, a cancer survivor still battling the effects, was threatened and held hostage while two men robbed the convenience store at gunpoint.


    "They hit me in the head and dragged me to the front of the store and then they threw back over here," said Reynolds. "I blacked out a couple of times and I couldn't sleep at night after that."

    Store surveillance video shows the suspects walking into Main Street Munchies, pretending to buy cigarettes when they pull out a gun and demand cash. One man jumps over the counter, while the other confronts Reynolds, his friends and the store owners.

    "I honestly thought I was going to die the way he was treating everybody and the way they're voices were, they were so angry," said Brian Manley, who was present at the time of the robbery.

    Witnesses said there was a getaway car waiting for the men. No one has been able to describe the vehicle.