A 9-year-old girl is injured after a mattress caught fire in a Fort Worth residence on Monday night.
The Fort Worth Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire at a duplex located at 7479 Tiffany Meadows Lane at approximately 10:50 p.m.
Officials said when crews arrived at the scene, they found light smoke showing from a unit of a duplex.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Upon entering the residence, crews found that fire from a candle fell onto a mattress, catching the mattress on fire.
There was no significant smoke or fire damage to the home, officials said.
MedSTAR was requested at the scene for a 9-year-old female with smoke inhalation.
No other injuries were reported.