It's Day 6 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Wednesday.
- First thing to know is how to get a discount on admission. On Wednesday's, you can get in for just $4 when you donate 4 canned food items. You need 4 canned items for each discounted ticket. All the donations go to the North Texas Food Bank. NBC 5 & Kroger are proud sponsors of the event.
- Once you get to the fair, go take a test drive in your favorite Chevrolet vehicles. The company has a huge "Ride & Drive" test track set up near the midway. It's open from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. You will need to register and have an active drivers license before getting behind the wheel.
- Something you don't want to miss at the State Fair of Texas is the livestock. In fact there are guided tours each day that leave from the Ag-Power Plaza. Tour's run from 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- The Dallas Police Department plays a big role in keeping you safe while at the fair, but they also put on a show. Don't miss the Mounted Patrol demonstration in the Ranch Arena. There are 2 shows, 1 p.m. & 5 p.m.
- The Dallas Police K-9 Officers also have a demonstration at the fair. The show is also in the Ranch Arena at 2 p.m. & 6 p.m.