It's Day 13 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Wednesday.
- First thing to know is how to get a discount on admission. On Wednesday's, you can get in for just $4 when you donate 4 canned food items. You need 4 canned items for each discounted ticket. All the donations go to the North Texas Food Bank. NBC 5 & Kroger are proud sponsors of the event.
- The Dallas Police Department plays a big role in keeping you safe while at the fair, but they also put on a show. Don't miss the Mounted Patrol demonstration in the Ranch Arena. There are 2 shows, 1 p.m. & 5 p.m.
- At 2:30 p.m., Chef Sandra Lewis takes over the celebrity chef kitchen. Stop by and find out how you can be fearless in the kitchen.
- Xpogo Extreme Sports - This extreme show features two pogo professionals showing off their skills with gravity-defying tricks, flips and spins. There are three shows on Wednesday, 1 p.m., 3 p.m. & 4:30 p.m. You can find the show at the Extreme Sports Zone near the Chevrolet Ride & Drive.
- The Chevrolet Main Stage will be the place to be at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday night. That's because the Wesley Pruitt band will take the stage.