Child Among 5 Family Members Killed in Quadruple Murder-Suicide; 3 Others Hospitalized

Conditions of three survivors unknown Sunday

NBCUniversal, Inc.

Five people are dead, including a 4-year-old child, and three others are injured and in unknown conditions, after a man shot several members of his family before killing himself overnight Friday, police say.

According to a statement from Corsicana police, officers received a 911 call at about midnight Saturday that a man, identified as 41-year-old Kevin Milazzo, killed his family.

Officers arrived a short time later at a home on the 2900 block of W. 2nd Avenue and found Milazzo's mom, 61-year-old Connie Mimms, and her husband, 68-year-old Bill Mimms, dead with apparent gunshot wounds and two others injured. The survivors were taken by air ambulance to an unnamed Dallas hospital.

“They’re just really good people. They didn’t deserve for this to happen to them," said neighbor Kim Felix.

Meanwhile, deputies with the Navarro County Sheriff's Department were sent to a different home, in Frost, where they found 21-year-old Joshua Milazzo, the suspect's son, and a child, identified as 4-year-old Hunter Freeman, both fatally shot. Deputies also found an adult woman with multiple gunshot wounds who was also transported to an unnamed Dallas hospital.

The conditions of the three survivors and their identities have not been released.

Corsicana police said detectives were able to identify and track the suspected gunman by the GPS navigation system in his vehicle.

Corsicana police and SWAT were joined by deputies from the Navarro County Sheriff`s Department who tracked the man to a location along Farm-to-Market Road 1129, just south of Roane Road. Police said they asked the vehicle's monitoring service to remotely turn off the vehicle's engine and it soon came to a stop.

As Corsicana SWAT officers approached the vehicle they found the driver critically injured from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

First aid was administered at the scene and the man was taken to Navarro Regional Hospital where he later died.

Because the shootings are still under investigation and because relatives are still being notified, no names or identifying information have been publicly released.

Contact Us