It's Day 19 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Tuesday.
- The day gets underway early on Tuesday at the Livestock Judging Pavilion. That's where the Youth Agriculture Mechanics Show and Tractor restoration Contest will take place.
- If you like chocolate, you don't want to miss the Chocolate Competition. The excitement starts at 10 a.m. in the Creative Arts Competition Kitchen. There's everything from brownies, cupcakes, layer cakes and spectacular desserts. The best part, it's all made out of CHOCOLATE!
- This next one is always a fair favorite. The Pig Races! Head on over to the Pan-Am Arena for one of the four shows on Tuesday. The shows get started at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- In the very same building, take the kids over to see the Backyard Circus. This show let's kids dress up and be a part of the show. There are four show times on Tuesday, 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 3 p.m. & 4 p.m.
- By now you may be ready to take in some live music. So head on over to the Chevrolet Main Stage for a variety of shows. The non-profit group "Texas Music Project" is taking over the area starting at 5:30 p.m. and will feature four different acts.