A second North Texas municipal worker has died after being exposed to poisonous gas while not wearing protective gear for breathing.
A Wichita Falls city statement says David Sheppard died Friday at a Dallas hospital where he'd been since the July 2 incident at a wastewater treatment plant. The other worker, Daniel Arredondo, died July 10.
A city investigation found that Sheppard and Arredondo were exposed to hydrogen sulfide while doing valve maintenance in a basement area of the plant.
The latest news from around North Texas.
A city statement says Sheppard and Arredondo were trained to use protective apparatus and initially put on the gear during the work. Another employee later found both men unconscious and not wearing any self-contained breathing devices.
Other crews finished the repairs.