12 Hospitalized After Gas Leak in Houston Apartments - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Texas News

Texas News

News from around the state of Texas

12 Hospitalized After Gas Leak in Houston Apartments

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    12 Hospitalized After Gas Leak in Houston Apartments
    Getty Images

    A dozen people in southwest Houston are hospitalized after carbon monoxide leaked into their apartments.

    Houston firefighters were called Saturday night to the Vista on Gessner apartments. A fire district chief told KHOU that the department evacuated the building after residents complained of nausea, vomiting and severe headaches.

    Their conditions were not immediately known.

    Firefighters believe a problem with a vent serving dryers in the complex caused carbon monoxide to flow into the apartments nearby.