Skip to content
- Ezekiel Elliott has found his stride, rhythm, mojo or whatever you want to call it. He has 88 carries for 413 yards — 4.6 per carry — and four touchdowns in the last three games. What a huge loss, if he gets suspended for six games and what a huge boost if he doesn't.
- Tyrone Crawford has found a home at right defensive end. With teams having to pay so much attention to DeMarcus Lawrence and David Irving, Tyrone Crawford is starting to make more plays. His sack, forced fumble and blocked FG were huge in the Cowboys' win.
- Orlando Scandrick had one of his best games in the NFL with eight tackles, two for loss, and an 88-yard return of a blocked field goal that helped the Cowboys take a 14-13 lead they never relinquished.
- Mike Nugent, signed off the street last week, made field goals of 36, 48, 37 and 27 yards. He missed from 48. His kickoffs were excellent overall and his performance should put coach Jason Garrett at ease since Dan Bailey is the most accurate kicker in NFL history. Bailey will miss several weeks with a strained groin.
- La'El Collins received quite an education from Ryan Kerrigan, who had five tackles, two tackles for loss and two sacks. Collins struggled to block him all day.
- Dez Bryant made a key play late in the fourth quarter, when he ran a pivot route — Cole Beasley usually runs it — to convert a third and four that helped the Cowboys take a another couple of minutes off the clock.
- Safety Byron Jones had another active day. He had four tackles, an interception returned for a touchdown, and threw a key block on Orlando Scandrick's 88-yard field goal return.
- The Cowboys forced three turnovers — two fumbles and an interception — and blocked a field goal. The turnovers are the result of a much-improved pass rush and directly impacted the win.
- The Cowboys did not have a receiver with more than 40 yards receiving. Bryant had a team-high 39 yards receiving, the 14th game in a row he has had less than 100 yards receiving.
- DeMarcus Lawrence had a sack for the seventh consecutive game. He also recovered a fumble and is seemingly around the ball every game.