One person was injured after an explosion at a home in Tarrant County late Saturday, fire officials say.
A Tarrant County fire marshal said a work crew was inside renovating the house when the explosion happened. That person was taken to a hospital by CareFlite in an unknown condition.
Though investigators will look at whether a propane gas leak could be to blame, the fire marshal said it's more likely that fumes from some kind of lacquer being used by the work crew was ignited.
The latest news from around North Texas.
The 6,000 square foot house is in the 8000 block of Bella Flora Drive near Benbrook, but in an unincorporated part of the county.
"It was a loud explosion. We thought something hit our roof, and we didn't know what it was," said a neighbor.
Officials said the owners of the house were not home at the time of the explosion.
The home was a complete loss.
NBC 5's Chris Blake contributed to this report.