The Dallas Mavericks have teamed up with the American Airlines Center to ensure that all hourly staff members continue to receive a paycheck.
The two organizations will pay all hourly employees for the six home games that were to take place during the 30-day NBA hiatus.
Staff includes security, police, parking attendants, housekeeping, in-arena entertainers and guest services staff, among others.
Full coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak and how it impacts you
A press release from the companies says "It is our hope that this will allow our valued team members to satisfy their economic needs during this unprecedented time."
How to Avoid COVID-19 Infection:
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
*Information shared from the Office of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott