Saginaw Antique Shop Catches Fire - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Saginaw Antique Shop Catches Fire

Woman inside store doused in gasoline, treated for skin irritation



    A Saginaw business was destroyed by fire Tuesday after a man poured gasoline on the business and its owner before setting the building on fire.

    Saginaw police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said witnesses saw a man throw gasoline on Debra Stroud Scott at about 5:15 p.m. inside the antique mall she owns with her sister, Joyce Erwin. 

    Scott ran from the Sisters Antique Mall on the 100 block of North Saginaw Boulevard to a nearby check-cashing business where she could call 911.

    Scott was not burned, but was taken to a hospital for skin irritation from the gasoline.

    Search Continues for Man Who Torched Antique Shop

    [DFW] Search Continues for Man Who Torched Antique Shop
    The search continues for the man police say splashed a woman with gas then torched Sisters Antique Mall in Saginaw Tuesday afternoon.
    (Published Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012)

    "She did receive a little gas on her, but nothing that's going to be life-threatening at this time," Ing said.

    Witnesses told police the man who threw the gasoline lit the fire and ran out of the building.

    The women told police Wednesday that they didn't know the man and were shocked that someone would do such a thing.

    Police: Man Set Fire to Saginaw Antiques Shop

    [DFW] Police: Man Set Fire to Saginaw Antiques Shop
    Investigators say a man threw gasoline and set fire to a Saginaw antiques mall.
    (Published Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012)

    Investigators originally said Scott was inside the check-cashing business, but later said that the Sisters Antique Mall was the location where she called 911.

    Ing said the building is a total loss.

    NBC 5's Randy McIlwain contributed to this report.