If you really want to compete in today’s competitive real estate market, there are many things you can do to make your house stand out from the crowd - most of which are inexpensive and easy to do!
The Top 10 Quick Fixes for your Home
- Paint - You’ve probably heard it before, but it stands to be repeated - paint your walls! There is simply no easier and more effective way to instantly lighten and brighten your home. Dirty, dull walls immediately turn off buyers, while freshly painted walls give any room a crisp, clean feeling.
- Clean the carpet - Let’s face it: your dirty carpet is doing nothing but detracting from your home’s overall appeal. Taking the time to steam clean your carpets and rid them of dirt and grime is a great way to show your pride in home ownership to potential buyers.
- Replace the flooring - Flooring is generally an inexpensive way to give any room in your home an instant facelift. Replace old, worn carpeting and linoleum with new carpeting, hardwood or ceramic tile flooring and turn an outdated room into a fresh, updated one.
- Landscape - Regardless of how fabulous your home is on the inside, if the outside is lacking beauty and appeal, than you may lose potential buyers even before they walk through the front door. Just some of the exterior work you can do to add instant curb appeal to your Bozeman home include: mowing, weeding, mulching beds, trimming hedges, cutting back low-hanging tree limbs and planting colorful flowers.
- Front Entrance - The front entrance of your home is usually the place where feelings about your house are made. Create interest with a freshly painted front door, new house numbers, beautiful pots filled with colorful annuals and a seasonal wreath.
- Clean and stain deck - Your outdoor spaces are often just as important as your indoor spaces, so make sure they are inviting and clean. A great place to start is your backyard deck. Give it a good cleaning and staining to instantly transform it from worn and dull to clean and attractive.
- New light fixtures - An inexpensive way to instantly update any room in your Coppell home is with lighting fixtures. Lighting fixtures are generally quite affordable, yet they make a positive impact in any room.
- New appliances - New appliances are a great way to entice a buyer into making an offer. Buyers love to see fresh, new appliances, so it is in your best interest to invest in a few, good appliances. Luckily, most homeowners see a full return on their investment when dealing with appliance purchases.
- Install closet organizers - Closet organizers are one of those small details that make a big difference. Wow your buyers when they open your closet doors!
- Countertops - New countertops can make a huge impact on your kitchen, and can instantly update a worn, outdated space. Some of the inexpensive laminates sold today are quite attractive. You may also search granite wholesalers for granite remnants, which are much less expensive than traditional granite slabs.
Copyright VIPre - VIP Realty