The University of Texas at Austin's athletics program generated the highest revenue total of any college in the nation during the 2007-08 school year, according to a report released Monday in Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal.
The Austin Business Journal reported the information which came from Athletics Disclosure Act forms.
Texas Longhorn sports brought in $120.3 million in the school year that ended June 2008. UT, Ohio State University and the University of Florida were the only three college athletics programs during the school year to top the $100 million mark.
The bulk of Texas' sports revenue came from the football program, which generated nearly $73 million alone.
Here is the list of the top ten:
1. Texas – $120.3 million
2. OSU – $118 million
3. Florida – $106 million
4. University of Michigan – $99 million
5. University of Wisconsin – $93.5 million
6. Pennsylvania State University – $91.6 million
7. Auburn University – $89.3 million
8. University of Alabama - $88.9 million
9. University of Tennessee – $88.7 million
10. Oklahoma State University – $88.6 million