Utility Pole Collapses Into Far North Dallas Apartment Complex, Sparking 4-alarm Fire

A utility pole collapsed into a Far North Dallas apartment complex, causing a fire and displacing an unknown number of residents Monday night.The fire was reported around 11:45 p.m. in the 18900 block of Lina Street. Few flames were visible, but the blaze was elevated to four alarms because of the effort involved in breaking down walls, ceilings and floor spaces to get to the fire, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said.Nearly 100 firefighters were involved in fighting the fire, which started when a utility pole crashed into the south side of the three-story complex, Evans said. Oncor quickly shut down power around the area to protect firefighters who may have otherwise encountered live power lines, Evans said.The fire spread laterally and involved all three floors and the attic, Evans said.  Continue reading...

Read More

Copyright DFW-MorningNews
Contact Us