Spontaneous Combustion Sparks Fire in Oak Lawn Parking Garage

Investigators suspect spontaneous combustion ignited a small fire in an Oak Lawn parking garage Friday morning.Firefighters were called to the parking garage in the 3300 block of Oak Lawn Avenue shortly before 8 a.m. after smoke was seen coming from the lower level.No injuries were reported, and the fire was quickly contained and extinguished.Dallas Fire-Rescue said the fire was contained to a laundry bin where clothes, trash and other items burst into flames spontaneously after sitting untouched for an extended period.The garage is adjacent to a shopping center housing multiple stores and a restaurant.  Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us