NBC5 Forecast: Weekend Thunderstorms Coming

Clouds returned on Wednesday. And rain is on the way. Wednesday night into Thursday morning, we will be keeping an eye on showers and storms moving east from western Oklahoma toward North Texas and southern parts of Oklahoma. Areas from DFW to the north will have a chance for a few brief showers Thursday morning. But the heavier storms will remain north of the Red River. Any rain in the area will quickly leave and the sky will clear out by Thursday afternoon, resulting in a rapid warm up.Friday will be another warm day. The pattern becomes unsettled again over the weekend with a better chance for showers and storms. The threat for severe weather appears to be low, but a few strong storms will be possible, especially during the morning hours on Saturday. A weak cold front will approach on Sunday, bringing one more chance for brief thunderstorms by late afternoon, and then an end to the rain.TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy and mild. Low: 60. Wind: SE 10-20 mph. THURSDAY: A 20% chance for sprinkles or a few light showers in the morning. Decreasing clouds, breezy and much warmer by afternoon. High: 83. Wind: W 10-20 mph. FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 55. High: 82. Wind: S 10-15 mph. SATURDAY: Cloudy and breezy with a 70% chance for thunderstorms, especially during the morning. Low: 63. High: 76. Wind: S 10-20 mph. SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and warm, with a 30% chance for scattered thunderstorms late in the afternoon. Low: 62. High: 79. Wind: NW 10-15 mph. MONDAY: Partly cloudy and breezy. Low: 58. High: 78. Wind: N 10-20 mph. TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 58. High: 80. Wind: S 10-15 mph. WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny, breezy, and warm. Low: 60. High: 80. Wind: S 10-20 mph. THURSDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 58. High: 78. Wind: N 10-15 mph. FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and cooler. Low: 56. High: 70. Wind: NE 10-15 mph. SATURDAY: Mostly sunny and mild. Low: 53. High: 73. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.   Continue reading...

Read More

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us