NBC5 Forecast: Tornado Watch

With temperatures in the mid 90s, along with very high humidity, it has been oppressively hot. And that is leading to a threat of severe storms Wednesday evening. A TORNADO WATCH is in effect until midnight.Thunderstorms will initially develop to the north of DFW. The greatest threat for tornadoes and golf ball or larger hail will be between 5pm and 8 pm, especially north and northeast of DFW. These storms will organize into a cluster, and move southeast through the late evening hours. The DFW area is most likely to see storms between 7 and 10 pm, with damaging straight-line winds being the greatest threat.Dry and hot weather will be the main weather features Thursday and Friday. We may see a few more storms by late Sunday.TONIGHT: A TORNADO WATCH is in effect until midnight. Severe storms likely. Low: 74. Wind: S 5-10 mph. THURSDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy, and hot. High: 97. Wind: S 10-20 mph. FRIDAY: Partly cloudy, windy, and hot. Low: 77. High: 95. Wind: S 15-25 mph. SATURDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy and hot. Low: 78. High: 94. Wind: SE 10-20 mph. SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and breezy with a 30% chance for thunderstorms by evening. Low: 77. High: 91. Wind: S 10-20 mph. MONDAY: Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms, mainly in the early morning. Low: 76. High: 88. Wind: E 5-10 mph. TUESDAY: Partly cloudy with a 30% chance for scattered thunderstorms. Low: 74. High: 91. Wind: SE 10-15 mph. WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 75. High: 91. Wind: S 10-15 mph. THURSDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 75. High: 92. Wind: S 10-15 mph. FRIDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 74. High: 93. Wind: SE 10-15 mph. SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 72. High: 91. Wind: S 10 mph.   Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us